Friday, November 7, 2008

And Now, For the Rest of the Story...

On the same ride to work yesterday (see previous post, "It's My Equipment But I Can't Help You Use It"), the same bus driver started to pull through an intersection but got stuck in the middle. While we're waiting for the traffic to pull forward, a guy in a truck going the opposite direction is shouting something out his window that no one can understand. He keeps shouting this over and over. At one point, I see a woman in a car in front of us getting back in her car, although I hadn't seen why she was walking around, but figured it had something to do with what the guy was yelling. Eventually the cars in front of us moved, and we were able to clear the intersection and proceed to the next bus stop. Where I realized that the shouting guy and the woman walking around had to do with the bus - the bus driver had apparently pulled so far forward that he had rammed the bike rack into the back of the car in front of us. The guy in the truck had been yelling that he'd seen the bus hit the car, and the woman getting back in her car had been the driver of the hit car checking on the damage. When we got to the bus stop, the bus driver and the car driver both got out and were yelling at each other about if there was damage or not. As it was only a few stops before I get off, I decided I'd had enough of the CTA for one morning, so got off the bus and walked the rest of the way to work. Sometimes I think I should invest in a car and start driving to work.

No comments: